Saturday, March 17, 2012

Remember Me

In memory of Clarissa Engstrom.  A lovely woman in her middle 40's who helped so many. Leaving this world so suddenly, and leaving a huge hole. An animal doctor, a lover of nature, a friend of the Earth. A woman of peace.

My eldest daughter called after attending the hastily prepared memorial for Clarissa today. She said that her best friend had flown in from North Carolina, preparing the obituary to place in our local paper. Then this friend who was so saddened and lonely was told that her loving words would cost (are you sitting down...) over a THOUSAND dollars.  Needless to say I am more than appalled by our newspaper. The journalistic raping of people who just want to remember their loved ones is criminal in my opinion.  I understand that the newspaper needs to make a profit, and they have a business to run, but REALLY???

So from now on, I invite anyone who wishes to remember their loved one in print, to use this site to do so, and share it with their Facebook, Twitter or other friends. I ask only one thing...please be respectful using this platform in a G-rated, Family format. If you join this blog as a friend, you can share your information at any time. Share this site with friends and family.

I am personally touched by the love that Dr Clarissa "Gooey" Engstrom showed our family. She walked in, held me in her arms and made herself at home.  I knew that she had been in the E.R. with a family friend most of the afternoon, and she still kept our "appt with heaven" for our Retriever Bailey. She spoke with each of us, Dave, Gabie, Matt and Danie, and comforted us. She advised us what she would be doing, and then spread her blanket down and invited me to join her. We talked about Bailey and the events of her rescue, her extreme eye surgeries, her infinity of love of playing fetch with her ball and then before we knew it, an hour had passed and Dr. Engstrom was taking the ball out of Bailey's mouth and advising us that she would not have lived more than another week due to her cancer. The kids and I were with her the entire time. (Dave had taken Belle our Brittany on a long walk) Dr. Engstrom and Danie carried the blanket out to her truck (ball and all) and the only "thank you" Dr. Engstrom would accept from me was a hot meal that I had prepared for her to take with her and a loving hug with our gratitude for making such a hard event so wonderfully loving!  This is the one story of Dr. Clarissa Engstrom I have to share and contribute to her Memorial.  Rest in Peace sweet lady...you are already missed by so many. Take good care of our loved ones that you have helped away...they were waiting for you.

May God Bless you all, and those you love,

Momma T

No comments:

Post a Comment